Request: can we upgrade all bzr repositories' format to version 2a?

From: Kinkie <gkinkie_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2012 13:50:03 +0200

Hi all,
  this theme periodically reoccurs, I'm sorry to bring it up agan but
it's getting more annoying every passing day.
We are currently using a number of different formats for our bzr
repositories (0.92, 1.14, 2a..), which are not fully-compatible with
each other.
This is getting more annoying with each passing day (I'm the
mostly-hit person as I run multiple build trees, part on our servers,
and part on launchpad).

I know that there are backwards-compatiblity concerns which make
upgrading the repositories' format undesireable, but I believe that
format 2a has been around for quite a long time now, so these concerns
should matter less and less as times goes by.

So my request is, can we adopt bzr repository format 2a as a baseline
everywhere?

Thanks

--
    /kinkie