Re: I have read and worked since 2 weeks ago

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2011 13:57:45 +1200

On 15/07/11 10:29, Mohsen Pahlevanzadeh wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-07-15 at 04:00 +1200, Amos Jeffries wrote:
>> On 13/07/11 22:22, Mohsen Pahlevanzadeh wrote:
>>> Dear all,
>>>
>>> I have read and examined source code of squid 2.7 with GDB since 2 weeks
>>> ago and i want to continue....Because i need to change squid source code
>>> and add features to it.May be i publish my code.
>>
>> :( 2.7 has being declared end-of-life now. Will be obsoleted in a few
>> months.
>>
>> If your changes are only small they might be ported to squid-3.
>> Otherwise if you are planning anthing that might be big, please start
>> with the 3.HEAD code. The data flow and layout are mosty the same, just
>> differences in object names.
>>
> My boss had decide to use which version.I don't any role,But i
> downloaded 3.x.x and was reviewing its source, by the way, i like OOP.

If it helps, here is Henrik the squid-2 maintainers announcement:
http://www.squid-cache.org/mail-archive/squid-dev/201106/0137.html

<snip>
>> I guess you are still trying to "push" data straight to the squid cache
>> despite advice to the contrary, true? So, why now?
>>
> You guessed correctly, but push data straight, is 10% of our project,
> after previous our talk on general ML, i spoken with my boss and
> understand that it's big.
> You made me happy if you help me a bit when i have problem with data
> gathering, because all of my problem is data gathering.

So there is one question we never actually got answers to on the general ML.

Why do "push"?

I can only think of two possible reasons:
  * you are wanting to manipulate the object data somehow. Using
prefetch+push to get around the lack of ICAP RESPMOD adaptation in squid-2.
  * you did not understand us very well when we described how to do GET
through Squid.

> By the way, by now, i read portions of structs.h http.c comm.c store.c
> client_side.c main.c squid.h enum.h refresh.c store_dir.c url.c pconn.c
> globals.c fd.c globals.h typedefs.h lib/getopt.c
> and manipulated the following files:
> globals.c globals.h main.c squid.h
> Because i forced to add a option to squid "-c".

What does the option do?

Amos

--
Please be using