Re: Updated netfilter mark patch

From: Andrew Beverley <andy_at_andybev.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2010 13:41:00 +0100

> >> Hmm, we at least want to MSG_NOTICE for both cases, with preferrably a
> >> hard error if its explicitly stated.
> >
> > There'll be the default AC_SEARCH_LIBS notice in any case, and then it
> > will also be shown later assuming --enable-zph-qos is set. I've just
> > realised though that by default the QOS functions are disabled. I
> > thought the new concept was that everything was enabled by default?
> > Should I change the default to enabled for --enable-zph-qos?
>
> Yes please.

Now enabled by default.

I have also decided that (as previously suggested) a miss option would
be useful in addition to the value preservation for a miss. This allows
a miss value to be set when Squid has been compiled without
libnetfilter-conntrack, and also makes it easier to set a miss value if
you're happy with a consistent value. I have therefore added this into
the latest patch (attached). The parameter is called 'miss' and it takes
precedence over the preserve-miss feature.

I've not heard back from my 2 testers yet, and I am yet to use it in
anger myself, but I will give feedback on all these once I have it.

Andy