Armenian mirror for squid

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 17:26:43 +1200

On 03/07/10 06:13, Arthur Tumanyan wrote:

> http://squid-web-proxy-cache.1019090.n4.nabble.com/file/n2276775/am-error-pages-tested-inutf8.tar.gz
> am-error-pages-tested-inutf8.tar.gz
> Hi.I updated the error pages.please accept it and email me if there are
> mistakes in sended files.
>
> Thanks!
> P.S. I want to create www.squid-cache.org's mirror in Armenia.But your help
> and recommendations will be necessary for me.Can I hope for your help in
> mirror configuration process?I will start after approx. 2months.

Replying since I have not seen a public one to you.

We have two types of mirror you can do. One is a full mirror via a
complete rsync copy of the site, the other a reverse-proxy mirror.

For both you will need some local domain name to start with. A CNAME
will be pointed at your local domain later in the process.

The server at your end needs to be setup to accept both the local name
and whichever of the squid domains is assigned to you for the mirror site.

For the full mirror, pull the website from our rsync into the local web
directory at least daily but no more than hourly.

For the reverse-proxy, point it at east/west/eu (*.squid-cache.org)
master servers. And/or any of the other mirrors.

When you have this done, send us an email request letting us know to be
assigned a *.squid-cache.org name. Our systems here do regular scans to
see if your mirror is working before publishing the mirror lists.

Amos

--
Please be using
   Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.2