Re: bzr cutover timetable

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2008 00:39:51 +0100

On Mon, 2008-03-03 at 18:45 +1300, Amos Jeffries wrote:

> On the wiki you still have:
>
> "
> * Migrate in progress development branches
> hno: I wote no on this. It's up to respective sub-project to merge over if
> they like.
> "
>
> Is there going to be a merge script/method available to pull history over
> or is it going to be just create a new branch and apply the latest CVS
> patch?

My preference:

Projects finished, waiting for merge: No action. Merge as patch like we
are used to.

Almost finished: No action, continue using CVS until done.

A lot left to do: Start a new bzr branch from trunk and apply the latest
patch using bzr patch.

Trying to merge over the full history of developer branches probably
isn't worth the effort. If you really want to there can be tools
provided.

Regards
Henrik