Re: cvs commit: squid3 configure.in

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 12:07:50 +0200

On mån, 2007-09-24 at 09:49 -0600, Alex Rousskov wrote:

> The implications range from the "Module is a part of the GPL program
> and, hence, must be GPLed!" FSF point of view to "there are no
> implications except wasting time on discussing FSF FUD!" point of view.

My personal view on that is that a isolated, strict and well defined
module API is an application boundary, pretty much like any other ICP
like mechanism. But requires a isolated, strict and well defined API
specified under an open non-copyleft license (i.e. modifed BSD or
similar).

An module API requiring knowledge of the GPL licensed internals is not.

That's all I have to say in that matter now as the discussion is quite
pointless without at least one target module application.

Regards
Henrik