Re: Contribution to Squid development.

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2007 12:35:09 +0800

On Sat, Sep 08, 2007, Pierangelo Masarati wrote:
> Yet another step:
>
> <http://www.sys-net.it/~ando/Download/squid-ldap-20070908.patch>
>
> This will probably be the last for a while because I'll be almost
> unavailable for a couple of weeks. In any case, now squid_ldap_auth and
> squid_ldap_group share most of the code, except for the core logic. In
> squeezing squid_ldap_group I could remove some unnecessary LDAP
> operations (like re-searching for the user DN in case of multiple
> groups), and so. I've also updated the respective man pages. There
> might be room for a couple of examples using SASL bind and controls.

Hm, have you seen http://squid.sf.net/ ? The way things are "normally"
done is to create a SF squid branch and contribute your patches there
in a squid source tree. Henrik has some CVS scripts to keep branches
synced and generate diffs.

Let us know what your sourceforge account name is and we'll help you
get started.

The advantage is that people can then test your code out by downloading
that whole source branch rather than trying to patch against an arbitrary
version of the squid source.

Adrian