Re: cvs commit: squid3 configure.in

From: Pierangelo Masarati <ando@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2007 10:24:59 +0200

Kinkie wrote:

> Watch out for Windows.. AFAIK in that OS it's not allowed to export
> symbols from an executable image onto a DLL.. this is one of the reasons
> why most complex applications in Windows are shipped as one huge DLL and
> a stub executable.

That's why you'd need to move all stuff possibly needed by modules into
a dll.

I've recently stumped into a nice piece of software, EDLL
<http://edll.sourceforge.net/> (untested by me so far) that resolves
reverse dependencies load-time in a platform-independent manner
(provided some backend for that platform is available, of course). It
also supports windows' dlls.

There's also a FlexDLL tool <http://alain.frisch.fr/flexdll.html> that
supposedly does something simlar. I realize it's yet another piece of
code to be put in between, and something no one will probably build and
distribute widely enough.

Again, my 2c (or so).

p.

Ing. Pierangelo Masarati