debug statements to debugs statements

From: Tsantilas Christos <chtsanti@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 11:30:13 +0300

Hi all,
   Here is a perl script which can be used to convert debug statements
to new debugs statements :-) .
It mostly works or just do standard errors.
It does not formats the output. I think the astyle can do the rest work.
Does not convert the debug statements, if the format string contains
formating flags like "%2.1f".

I think can be used as reference for other related convertions too.

Should I proceed with the convertion?
Should I post a patch to bugzila or open a temporary branch on
sourceforge better?

Regards,
     Christos