Re: Brown-Paper-Bag bugs in the winbind ntlm auth_helper

From: Andrew Bartlett <abartlet@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 20:19:55 +1000

Francesco Chemolli wrote:

> Since I've put live my winbindd setup, I've discovered two embarassing
> truths about that code:
>
> 1) It doesn't like NTLMv2 at all, refusing access to anybody who dares
> provide NTLMv2 credentials
> 2) (much more embarassing) due to an one-liner it ends up ignoring NT
> credentals, always falling back to LM even when the NThash is provided.
>
> Here's the patch. Please apply to the -PRE tree before -STABLE release.

This patch looks wrong.

The remote NT server is in a much better position than the intermediate
helper to know about challange lengths etc. The only thing that the
helper should do is avoid overflowing the fstring.

Andrew Bartlett

--
Andrew Bartlett                                 abartlet@pcug.org.au
Manager, Authentication Subsystems, Samba Team  abartlet@samba.org