Some info on Squid and MinGW

From: Guido Serassio <serassio@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 12:54:58 +0200

Hi Robert,

I'm working on Your MinGW/Squid patch, and I have some questions:

- What is the correct compile procedure with Cygwin/MinGW ?

- On a previous mail you wrote about _free_osfhnd:
> > The NT Native port of squid, build with Visual C uses this when linking
> > to MSVCRT. As a reference in 1999 XEmacs started using this call, but
> > they defined it locally rather than patching mingw from what I can tell.
Do you have some reference about, link , etc. ?

- Why do You have moved getopt() from win32lib.c, the new it's a better
source or is only a organizational move ?

A final consideration: looking at MinGW sources, it seems to me that the FD
handling with _free_osfhnd can't work using the MSVCRT.DLL, because the
function it's not exported from the DLL version of MSVCRT. So, I hope to
find some workaroud.

Regards

Guido

-
Serassio Guido
Via Albenga, 11/4 10134 - Torino - ITALY
E-mail: guido.serassio@serassio.it
WWW: http://www.serassio.it