Re: Samba 3.0a19 breaks winbind helpers?

From: Jerry Murdock <jmurdock@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2002 02:58:57 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: "Andrew Bartlett" <abartlet@samba.org>
To: "Jerry Murdock" <jmurdock@itraktech.com>
Cc: "Andrew Bartlett" <abartlet@samba.org>; "Henrik Nordstrom"
<hno@marasystems.com>; "Squid-Dev (E-mail)" <squid-dev@squid-cache.org>
Sent: Saturday, September 07, 2002 10:46 PM
Subject: Re: Samba 3.0a19 breaks winbind helpers?

> Jerry Murdock wrote:
> >
> > I've since tested copying over the a19 headers and it seems to get
things
> > going.
> >
> > How do you want to handle it in the squid FAQ?
> >
> > 1: Only Samba 2.2.x is supported.
> > 2: Samba versions > 3.0a18 are unsupported.
> > 3: They're unsupported but you can try this...
>
> Given that the winbind deamon on 2.2 is almost identical to the one in
> 3.0 in most other respects, I think that 1 and 3 are appropriate - Squid
> supports Samba 2.2.x, x>=4 out of the box, and the patch/update can be
> used for some later 3.0 alphas.
>
> However, that will only work untill we move to a privilaged pipe.

The other issue I haven't tested yet is the wb_group helper.

When designing the new interface to winbind, please consider group
membership checks. I know it's something I wrestle with routinely for a
variety of services. I have various solutions. All of them are fairly kludgy
though, and a nice clean solution would be great.

Jerry