Re: Specific WIN32 helpers and fs module

From: Guido Serassio <serassio@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 02 Sep 2002 15:42:33 +0200

Hi,

Il 00.17 02/09/2002 Henrik Nordstrom ha scritto:
>On Sunday 01 September 2002 18.10, Guido Serassio wrote:
>
> > - Basic NT Domain Authenticator helper
> > - NTLM NT Domain Authenticator helper
> > - External ACL NT group helper
>
>For now I'll think we keep these in ports/win32/helpers if that isn't
>to much of a hassle for you.

Only a problem on this: Cygwin build process. Now these helpers are
integrated on it.

>Might change my mind if we find that
>Squid gets a good coverage on the win32 platform.
>
> > - awin32 fs Async I/O module (It's the original Robert's work for
> > Cygwin with some enhancement)
>
>Let me think a little.. the immediate response is
>ports/win32/fs/awin32, but there is quite obvious drawbacks from a
>code maintenance perspective so src/fs/awin32 is most likely a better
>place for this.

Rigth: awin32 code is mainly identical to aufs except for multithreading
code in aiops.c: so for example, the recently aufs bugs reported by me was
found on awin32 code.

Regards

Guido

>The FS layer is likely to change and having awin32
>visible among the other implementations makes it easy for the one
>making FS layer changes to try to update awin32 as well. Usually the
>changes are more or less identical in all store implementations when
>revising the FS API.
>
>Other opinions?
>
>Regards
>Henrik

-
Serassio Guido
Via Albenga, 11/4 10134 - Torino - ITALY
E-mail: guido.serassio@serassio.it
WWW: http://www.serassio.it