Re: 2.6 targets?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 23:30:32 +0200

Guido Serassio wrote:

> OK, I will start to generate patch Saturday. This week I'm very busy with a
> very big NT4 ==> W2K Migration
>
> I will post first the cygwin-svc code, with is a subset (around 70 %) of
> full native port.
>
> I'm asking me if can be better post patches grouped by functional sections,
> Your opinion ?

Pathes that is clean and grouped as you feel comfortable, and that the patches
is complete in themselves. I cannot use a patch if it depends on another
patch not yet sent.

If it is hard to determine what the patch adds/deletes/changes then processing
the patch takes longer. Part of what I do when processing a patch is ensuring
that the patch does not back out other unrelated changes due to merge
conflicts somewhere along the line of development. (such conflicts can still
occur with the CVS tools... but not very likely)

A reasonable description of what the patch changes and why helps a lot.

Regards
Henrik