patches to squid 2.4 configure

From: Geetha Manjunath <geetham@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 12:17:42 +0530

Hi All,

I understand that changes to configure script can be made by modifying
configure.in, acconfig.h and Makefile.am and then running bootstrap.sh
on the current squid HEAD. I have tried it for adding a new option for
enabling icap and it works.

Now, I wanted to release a patch for stable releases of squid
(2.4STABLE4). How do I generate configure script from configure.in for
2.4? I find that the same bootstrap.sh does not work.
An example error msg is: "automake requires 'AM_CONFIG_HEADER', not
'AC_CONFIG_HEADER'
My guess is that it requires an older of version automake now.

Is there a simpler way than maintaing 2 versions of auto*?
Pl advice.

Thanks and regards
Geetha