Re: MySQL logging

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 15:35:20 +0100

Primarily the same process, but it might even be same code in the end.

To increase the efficiency of smart access loggers we might want to
use a more structured format than ASCII lines. Requirements for debug
logging is different.

Some examples:

 * syslog is a reasonable method for debug logging, but not very
suitable for access logging.

 * A database logger is often interested in structuring the
information before sending it to the database. Having to parse ASCII
is somewhat complex for this task, so a more structured message
oriented protocol might be better suited in many cases.

Regards
Henrik