RE: Squid 2.5 HEAD

From: Chemolli Francesco (USI) <ChemolliF@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2001 08:58:54 +0100

It's a known limitation of the NTLMSSP authentication helper, and it
basically boils down
to the unreliability of the NT SMB_SessSetupAndX implementation. Use the
helper-fail-open option if you want, but be aware that there are serious
security issues with it.
There is no known workaround for the NetBios error 4, because it's not our
fault :)

The new winbindd helper should have no such problems, and in fact I strongly
encourage
you to try it out and let us know how it worked. The setup instructions are
a bit complex,
but they can be found in the archives of the squid-dev mailing-list.

As a side-note: please in the future refrain from using HTML-formatted
posts.
It makes proper answering indentation difficutl for the proper-MUA-impaired
such as myself.

--
        /kinkie