Re: rbcollins_filters

From: Robert Collins <robert.collins@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2001 00:43:38 +1000

I've merged HEAD down, bringing vary support among other things to
generic modules.... I'm not quite sure how well it's integrated itself
into the rbcollins_filters branch though!

You may notice that squid is pretty verbose with the current code - it's
still in late alpha quality/stability ... sorry.

However, I've done a test run of the branch and it's working...

Rob

P.S. For overviews of the api look

* in the end of defines.h (flags explained)
* in client_side.c and http.c (logic and approach).

and other various places scattered through as I did things :].

look in src/modules/spy/spy.c for the minimalistic filter example (does
basically _nothing_).

multi-range response support already exists for the modules - there is
an offset passed for where the data sits in the data stream.

transfer encoding filters are respectively the first and last in the two
downstream paths (break open the encoding and reencode at the other end)
before the actual fd read and write code - and this must not change!