Re: Squid's FTP proxy doesn't handle filenames with a '<'

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 23:36:53 +0200

This bug goes much deaper than only FTP listings. Squid needs a serious
update in how it generates in HTML output to make sure HTML coding rules
are properly obeyed. This is FTP listings, error pages, gopher, wais and
what else where Squid generates HTML output.

At a minimum < > & and their equivalents with the eith bit set needs to
be properly encoded as &lt; &gt; &amp; &#bc; &#be; &#a6;. The 8-bit
variants is due to bugs in some browser versions which otherwise
misreads them as their 7-bit versions... Note: this applies everywhere,
text as well as in A HREF.

Currently Squid will generate malformed HTML output in many cases, and I
believe are also quite sensitive to cross-site scripting issues.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid Hacker