Request for Guidance for squid source

From: jayanth purushottam <jayanth@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2000 09:34:32 -0700 (PDT)

I am a new programmer in linux. I am very keen in understanding the squid code for academic reasons.
While trying to following the source code I came across the C files in the /lib directory. I am not able to understand the need of the functions in the snprintf.c file. Can you please take trouble in explaining what the functions do and why they are required. There is some reference to GNU libc-4.6.27. Can you throw some light on this also.

PS :- If this is not the right place to ask such questions please refer to a relavent one

jayanth

Want a new web-based email account ? ---> http://www.firstlinux.net