Re: Cache-Control: no-cache

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 08:16:45 +0200

Nottingham, Mark (Australia) wrote:

> > * must-revalidate, cached object MUST NOT be returned if validation
> > fails.
>
> I read must-revalidate as cached object must not be returned if not fresh
> (according to its max-age, Expires, etc)

Right. Thanks for the correction.

Some translations:

server cc no-cache == max-age/s-maxage=0, must-revalidate

client cc no-cache / pragma no-cache == bypass cache. reply may be
cached.

and for compability with "ugly" servers:

server pragma no-cache == no-store

/Henrik

[you are allowed to write messages on squid-dev. I think all squid-users
are. (this was requested some time ago, and apparently it is possible)]